The Privacy API offers the following features:
- Request access to an end-user's personal data
- Request deletion of an end-user's personal data
- Retrieve information about pending request
Continue reading to learn how the Privacy API helps you comply with privacy regulations.
Privacy regulations require you to provide several rights to your end-users, including:
- The Right to be Forgotten
End-users have the right to request that their data be permanently deleted.
- The Right of Access
End-users have the right to request a copy of their data.
- Data portability
End-user’s should be able to transfer their data to other service providers.
These rights apply to the data you directly control, as well as data that Bazaarvoice processes on your behalf.
The Bazaarvoice Privacy API allows you to comply with these privacy regulations requirements in the following ways:
|Privacy API Feature||Corresponding Rights|
|Right to be forgotten||Request Bazaarvoice to delete an end-user’s personal data.|
|Right of Access||Request a copy of an end-user’s personal data.|
|Data Portability||Data provided as ZIP compressed files in JSON format.|
Using an API is not the same as using a Bazaarvoice hosted application; You will be building your own application using data services provided by Bazaarvoice. The API returns data in a machine readable format, which you will incorporate into your own application which you must build, host and maintain. As a result, Bazaarvoice clients must have considerable technical resources and ability at their disposal to use this API.
Your team should have the following proficiency:
- Web application development
- Client/server interaction based on the HTTPS protocol
- The ability to process JSON
- User authentication with OAuth2
- Data storage and retrieval
Your team should consist of at least the following:
- A developer familiar with the technical requirements above.
Depending on the scope of your project your team may also need personnel with the following skills:
- Network engineering and administration
- Project management and planning
- Web and graphic design
- Software testing
Updated 2 months ago